Tuesday 25 April 2017

Exciting News!!!!!!!


Howdy! So, as you can see from the title, I have some really exciting news! Hold on to your hats, we'll get to it soon enough! :)




First, I want to introduce you guys to our.............
New Members of the Family!!
That's right! I have four new cows that I want you guys to meet!

First up is

Maple!!


Buckshot! 


Lil'Dude!


And PrettyBoy! Or PB. 
Don't ya just love calves? They are soooo stinking cute, and full of energy! 

 Now, we only have 5 more that will calve and then calving season is over. That is a sad day. I love waking up and going out to the barn and seeing a new calf out in the field. Though dealing with trying to milk their moms isn't as much fun....... :)


                                    We also have three new milk cows!!
Meet......

Fanny!!!

Chocolate!!!
 And last, but not least
Queeny!!
They are such sweet hearts. Chocolate is probably my favorite.
She is super friendly and I love just being able to sit next to a cow when they are laying down.
 .

You guys are probably thinking, "Man, they just got three cows not that long ago."
Yup! We're trying to build our herd up because......

We are shipping milk!!! The milk truck has came 3 times so far, it's been really cool watching it come and pump the milk into the tank!
We got inspected and we are shipping Grade A milk now! Our farm is a true dairy farm.
Now, we're waiting and praying that our cows will calve so my daddy can stay home this summer.
We'll be milking 17 (or more) cows this summer!

I know ya'll are wondering if we have tossed aside the cheese making. No, it's just on the back burner for now. We are still in the building process of the cheese room. Shipping milk is one step closer to  making cheese again. My mom misses making it and I miss eating it! ;)


Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!!!!

Grace


 Phil.4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment