Wednesday 12 October 2016

Good mornings!


There's nothing better then drinking a cup of coffee and doing your devotions early in the morning.

(Ok maybe there is!)


Every morning I  waking up before dawn and read my Bible when every one is still sleeping. I feel like I can study without any distractions.

At lest that's what I thought. (Dramatic music with a dramatic pause.)

Satan tempts me every single morning. Why? Because he doesn't want me to worship God or to grow stronger in him! He will tempt me to finish that book I fell asleep on or to go onto Pinterest to look up sewing patterns. He'll try to tempt us with the things we like.

I saw this quote on Pinterest, I was inspired by it.

"Be the person that when you go to bed the devil is happy.
When you wake up he's worried,
and when you worship God, he flees"   
 
This reminds me of a verse.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
 
I try to act out this  verse every day though it isn't easy but with God's help it is a little easier.
 
Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God,
that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 
 
Putting on the armor of God is when we pray and read his word!
 
 
Why do I do devotions in the morning? Well, really it helps me start out my day! When I miss a day of morning devotions I'm crabby.  When I do morning devotions I have a challenge for that day! It could be love, joy, or peace.
 
Doing devotions at night doesn't really work for me because I can't really put what I learned to action because I'm sleeping.    "Acton's speak louder then words."
 
Do what ever works for you though. If doing devotions at night work better write down what you learned so you can apply it the next day.:-)

I challenge you all to go to God every morning!! You need him to start your day right! 

Well, bye for now!!

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment