Friday 25 October 2013

Hi! I'm Grace Johnston and I'm 13 years old. I live on a VERY small dairy farm and have 5 horses (which I love horses by the way!) ;) We have some beef cattle,chickens,dairy cows (of course! ;) ,a donkey, 3 cats and 2 dogs. I think that covers all of the animals!!! ;) On my blog I'll be writing about life on the farm, homeschooling,and cooking! Oh I forgot to say that I'm a Christian and also home schooled.I'll also be posting verses and Bible studies.

I have a calf named Rosebud. Correction-a heifer that's about to calf!Rosebud is my cow and she's a milk cow, she's about to calf soon!!! It's her first time calving so when the calf is born I'll post pictures!! ;) I bought  Rosebud from one of my friends, Grace. Rosebud was only about a week or two old when I got her, personally, I wanted a different calf but my dad wanted Rosebud, so we got her. Which I'm glad! But Grace my friend was telling me about this one that was soooooooooooo cute! But hey, fathers knows best, because I'm soooo glad that I got Rosebud! Well any ways, it was hard taking care of her because I had to feed Rosebud like every hour!!!! (Not really, only morning,noon,and night.) But it was hard work! She would head butt you right in the stomach!!!! Not on purpose, but just because of her in-stinks. So after long tired months of feeding her her bottles of warm milk. We weaned her off of milk,so I started to train her! ;) I even rode her! But she didn't move, it was more like sitting on her! lol! So to make a long story short, I tried to train her to lead, but you can't even push her! ;) She doesn't like to move! So any ways she's three years old and eats like a pig. Oh, I forgot one more thing watch out! She'll eat any thing she see's! Ask my friend Bethany, Rosebud tried to eat her jacket! ;)
UnTill next time you can hear about my horse Stardust ,the skirt eater!!! lol! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment